To place an order in the Braille and E-Text Automatic Request System simply click on the
"Login button at the top right of the web page. Upon login new orders are placed by clicking
the "New Request" menu. Detailed "How-To" files are located within the system forum under
the section for Step-by-Step Instrucitons.
How to Speed Up Your E-Text Requests
- Enter the exact ISBN number of the book you are requesting.
- Carefully check the ISBN number for typographical errors before submitting requests.
- Avoid using the ISBN of a multi-media bundle or an access card. The standalone book will have a different ISBN because it is a different product.
- Avoid abbreviating the publishers name and the title of the book.
- Give us all the information on the form and double check to make sure it is correct
- Contact the ATPC when a file is corrupted. Otherwise, the ATPC may inadvertently distribute these files to other users.
- Educate yourself to the items the students need, if they give you a list make sure the items on the list are books.
What Happens When We Need To Produce Your Book
- Once we receive the file or hardcopy we put it into the queue of production work by date request is submitted.
- We have 13 part time people working on these files for 112 colleges.
- You can expect during the high request time we will have more than 100 files to prepare. As we put books out more requests are being added to our production. So even if you request a book be produced a couple of months into the semester there will still be a list of books we are working on so expect that there will be wait time as well.
- Bookshare books are also a part of our production. At this time, we get a Daisy file from Bookshare which we then must turn into the DOC or PDF that is usually requested.